Saturday, November 6, 2010

Empire Army Results/Insight

Ok with the first launch of my empire army. I learned more strengths than weaknesses. First off I made a mistake with my points on my list. (to be adjusted before the battle or just take the time to figure out) I played against arnie's Beastmen which he was testing out alot of options with his army. He had no magic, experimental, and I used Shadow magic with my lvl 4. Shadow magic ROCKS! with this army. Lowering Toughness and/or Strength on units is powerful. The Outriders shot at his T2 reduced Minotaurs and chewed them up first turn. Shadow is a strong magic to take with any shooting army to reduce T and then fire away at the unit. Cannons are great even if they both blow up second turn, hurt the confidence a'lil. Griffon General is ok but not a big monster/character killer, more of a unit supporter or to take out fast cav, chariot, or single monsters with no riders. Never got my knights into combat to try out. I fled when a giant and a chariot charged them. The new 8th rules on fleeing and rally really hurt. Once you rally from fleeing you cant move or shoot at all for the rest of that turn, unless you are fast cav(i think). Hordes are nice cause you can go 10x4 or reform to go 5x8 to go at it for the long haul of combat. I possibly may change the list to have a unit of 15 cav core with full cmd just to experiment with non bretonnia cav unit. Until next time, enjoy the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment