Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Back and Forth

I have been jumping around lately, and it's more then likely been hurting me. I love playing different Races case they can be so different but I think it has held me back. Trying to stick with just 2 to keep jumping back and forth to. I have been really happy with the progress of the Beastmen to keep wanting to push on with them. I don't want to give up on the High Elves just yet. Between K and I, we have come up with a few new twists with them. Almost everywhere I read people keep saying you need the "Book" or Telics to win. I hate this!! I think both are cheese and I refuse to use cheese. K and I kept looking at different things we have done with the HE and keep come back to a few things. 1) The Core Sucks!!! Plain and simple. Make the best of it. Right now I am running a unit of around 35 Spearmen with Full Cmd. Two units of Archers, 12 and 14. 2) Phoenix Guard are great. Now I know that is not a surprise but they are one of the few things that have never changed in my army. 3) There are only a few armies that can truly excel while using Cav, and I think High Elves are one of them. While I may prefer Infantry, I still like to win. All infantry is a sure way to get yourself frustrated.

With all that, my army has change a good bit since first playing 8th.
Lord, GW, 2+(Re-role-able)4+ Ward, Barded Warhorse, Crown of Command
Archmage, Lvl 4, x-spell, 4+ Ward
BSB, GW, 2+(Re-role-able)

35 Spearmen Full Cmd
14 Archers
12 Archers

24 Phoenix Guard, Full Cmd, Banner of Sorcery

Here is where things get interesting.
13 Dragon Princes, Musician, Champ w/ Unit gaining Magical Attacks
15 Swordmasters
or
13 Dragon Princes
15 White Lions full Cmd

Not sure what to do with the last bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment