Thursday, March 3, 2011

Beastmen Vs Empire

The aftermath of my first game with The Beastmen in a few weeks left me very happy. I was running 40Gors with a BSB, A Lvl3 on a scouted Razigor Chariot, and a lord with 40 Bestigors as the base of my army. Against Ks Empire that had a Mortar, Rocket Battery, and a Cannon for his artillery. He then had around 10 Out riders, 12 or so x-bowmen, and 20 Handgunners. Needless to say he had ALOT of shots. Through the first 2 turns he did like 4 wounds with his artillery, but did like 25 or so with his small arms. I was happy with this because while his artillery under achieved his small arms over achieved. My Large Gor unit got unit combat at about 75% Strength and ran through his Great Swords thx to Wild Reform. My Bestigors, who got into combat at about 25% got crushed Badly. My Lvl3 went toe to toe with about 30 Flagellants and in the end broke about even. At the end of this Battle I think i want to drop the scouting on the Lvl3. With the Larger armies it's so hard to get him to to a good place with scouting. I also think I need to expand this size of my 2 main killy units. I think 50 with each. 3 Low Lvl Shamans with a herd stone is great.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a good game. Did you feel that the scouting Great Bray Shaman in the Razorgor Chariot worked out well? Particularly against Empire I always worry that it's going to end up getting both the Shaman and the Chariot blown away by cannons or other artillery.

    ReplyDelete