Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Aftermath

Last Night we got our game in for the week. Arnie's HE shooty list against my empire list. The empire won but only do to some unfortunate dice rolls of the HE. This was the first game I used a helstorm rocket battery in 8th edition and it outperformed its point cost. It is an adjustment using its own inaccurate rules but utilizing the engineer helped the output of all of the artillery. I even got to use the pigeon bombs 2 times from the engineer. Both times the bird exploded dead on target, what a surprise it was for me. I always expect the worst from charts that can back fire on my own troops. In result of the performance of the new artillery battery(cannon, mortar, helstorm, and engineer) I give it a B. One reason for the B rating; the mortar didnt kill anything.

Onto my try out of Fire magic on a lvl 4 with ruby ring(fireball). After being refreshed that you fail to cast on less than a 3 made Fire pointless. So if I failed to cast a fireball lvl1 with a single dice of 2 or 1 end of casting spells. To avoid this you have to throw 2 dice at 1d6 or the 2d6 S4 hits fireball. My strat was to throw a single dice at the bound item and one at basic fireball spell. then use the rest of the dice on other fire spells. I did roll under average every magic phase except the last but my mage was in combat by then. I walked away decided that it is better to take any other magic lore since most use 2 dice to cast most spells anyhow with greater results.(i.e. wildform, miasma, earthblood) Grade on fire magic: C-. Average in an above average world of magic devastation.

Overall the changes to the empire was good besides the lore. Changing Lores is the easiest thing to change in an army cause it doesnt cost any money. I believe the core build of this army is set now to finish building the models.

Goals for this week in modelling is to assemble the rest of the swordsmen (18) and outriders (5). Plus i want to research on making our own custom movement trays. Any ideas or what you do plus let me know in the comments. thanks for taking the time to read and let us know if there anything we can do to make it more interesting or topics to discuss!

No comments:

Post a Comment