Sunday, January 30, 2011

A steady start for 2011

Updating my goals for the year, I can say things are goin well so far. I bought a box of outriders, helrocket, empire wizard kit, Imperial Confessor for a Warrior Priest, and a HE griffin to possibly convert a new empire griffin general. I currently have a karl franz griffin model and also the empire general on griffin. I just love the look of the new griffin, frick'n sick nasty. Besides buying stuff, which is the easiest part of the goal list, I have managed to assemble some models. 40 Halbidiers, Wizard, 27 Saurus Warriors, Helstorm Rocket, and some odds and ends is what I have managed to build. Next up 18 Empire Swordsmen, 5 Outriders, and hopefully some green stuff projects.

I am still tweaking my Empire Army to include an engineer in a artillery battery of Great Cannon, Mortar, and a Helstorm Rocket Battery. I have been getting more confident with the empire but they are still heavily reliant on the BSB and General Leadership Bubble. Utilizing the Large Target 18" General on Griffin Leadership helps keep the 9 Ld across the army. I am dropping a cannon form the old list to add the engineer and swap out a mortar to get the helstorm rocket. I am curious to see what difference will make in the list. It will reduce a cannon ball per shooting phase for a re-roll and improve a pie plate to Strength 5. I am also putting my lvl 4 wizard into the swordsmen unit with the BSB to help protect the wizard. I am not sure if this a good idea or bad, yet. Miscasting could hurt the unit, though its intent is a bunker for the BSB. I moved the Warrior Priest out of the Swordsmen and into the Greatswords to help combat efficiency. Re-Rolls for the S5 hits should help the non-elites get some extra kills. Any comments or tip or changes with explanations would greatly appreciated.

2500 Empire Army
Lords:
General on Griffon with Sword of Sig (+1 S and ASF) Full Plate, Shield, Ironcurse Icon (6+ ward against warmachines)
Lvl 4 Wizard - Ruby Ring (I am trying Fire for the first time for the next game)

Heroes:
Captain BSB Armor of Meteoric Iron (1+ AS) Luckstone (re-roll a single AS)
Warrior Priest - HA, shield in Halbidiers unit
Warrior Priest - HA, shield in Greatswords unit
Engineer - pigeon bombs(given them a try)

Core
39 Halbidiers full cmd - WP
38 Swordsmen full cmd - BSB and wizard
24 Flagellants

Specials
29 Greatswords full cmd Gleaming Penant (Re-roll 1st failed Ld test) - WP
10 Outriders
Great Cannon
Mortar

Rare
Helstorm Rocket battery

total 2500 on the button


I will give an update on the battle against the shooty elves once the blood bath has taken place. Hopefully my changes will show a direct good or bad to make any other decisions easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment