Friday, May 20, 2011

Thoughts About Our Last Game

Was thinking about our latest game. K was at a disadvantage to begin with. I have been working on ironing out the wrinkles in my high elf list for months. I have been playing against the Empire a lot lately and just getting crushed. I have tried everything against the empire. Even a mostly Cav list. I just kept getting dominated. I think the empire is just a bad March up for the high elves. K murders my infantry and Cav with his war machines(1 cannon, 1 mortar, 1 rocket battery) he shuts down my magic with his 3 extra dispelled dice. I was very happy to fight the tomb kings and with my list.

Now as for the game. I think The warsphinx is going to be great. Not all armies have a cannon they can just knock it down with. In fact, it looks right now, the best answer for the high elves to deal with it, is to avoid it, and let archers shoot at it for a few rounds. 2 units of 12 Archers would deal 2 wounds before the save. 2-3 rounds of shooting would leave it almost dead.

K Chariots would of done almost double the wounds they did, had my spearmen not had +4 toughness. I think with the right set up they can be fielded in numbers from 3-6, but much larger, i think they will just be a point sink. It's not like you can do point denial with them, granted, Always Strike First hurt them badly!

The Tomb King Archers and Cats didn't really do anything the whole game. I think the Cats will be ok, they just scattered badly in this first game. The Archers on the other hand just don't seem to be really worth anything. Almost always hitting on a 5 is great, until you think about most archers, in most cases, will hit on a 5. Is it really that big of a deal? They can't even stand and shoot and with my high elf infantry having an average charge range of 12, that hurts a lot.

Well that's all for now, more thoughts to come.

1 comment:

  1. I was def disappointed with the double cats lack of points payoff. Also how i played my magic phases on offense and defense. The TK magic phase must be more calculated than any other army i have used. With the empire its, ok I will throw some dice, if I get a spell of great, if not no biggie. With TK its more needed to focus on a spell strategy for that turn or to set up for next turn.

    ReplyDelete